March 11, 2020:
ROME (Associated Press) — Expressing increasing alarm about mounting infections, the World Health Organization declared Wednesday that the global coronavirus crisis is now a pandemic. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who heads the U.N. agency, said the WHO is “deeply concerned by the alarming levels of spread and severity” of the outbreak. He also expressed concern about “the alarming levels of inaction.”
“We have, therefore, made the assessment that COVID-19 can be characterized as a pandemic,” he said at a briefing in Geneva.” All countries can still change the course of this pandemic. If countries detect, test, treat, isolate, trace and mobilize their people in the response,” Tedros said.
Questions and answers: The following are collected from USA official sources – when you ask more questions using comment drop down menu in this post we will collect the answers from our USA healthcare professionals and add to the answers here.
The following instructions were collected from US Agency sites:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at leat 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid hand shaking.
- Get the Flue Vaccination if you have not already done so.
- Clean frequently touched surfaces and objects with a household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Cover coughs and sneezes (then immediately wash hands).
- When you come back from outside shake off your dresses to let deposited dart out.
- Stay home it you are experiencing flu-like symptoms such as an acute respiratory illness with a fever and cough.
- If your illness is worsening, such as difficulty breathing, seek prompt medical attention. Put on a face mask before you enter the facility.
Some advancements made (March 22, 2020) CLICK HERE
Use of Hydroxychloroquine (previously used for Maleria) and Remdesivir
FDA is also experimenting blood from previously infected patients of Coronavirus but recovered afterwards. CLICK HERE
An Odia, Sunanda Mishra Panda in New Jersey, USA died (source Ballav Mishra)
An Odia doctor in London died (source: Dr. Uma Ballav Mishra)