The following plan is being suggested by Dr. Ajit Das (team lead), Dr. Rabi Patnaik, and Sushant Mohanty. The following is a draft.
- Purpose – Open to all but the events are what will be benefitting seniors (age defined below) to have a social life.
- Definition of age – Qualifying age General of senior is 55 and up. Most developed Western countries set the age of 60 to 65 for retirement. Being 60–65 years old is usually a requirement for becoming eligible for senior social programs. However, various countries and societies consider the onset of old age as anywhere from the mid-40s to the 70s. American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) membership requirement to join the club is 50 and most of the discounts however starts at 55. For Odishagateway.org we suggest the age 55 to qualify to join our club.
- Define activities – meet regularly once a month on xxxx(day) at zzz(time).
- Topic of events – develop a list of events (Playing cards, Music, Movies, Health, Food, Reading, etc.)
- Place – Choose one that can support the event of the day (consideration will be what expense …)
- Food – Suggest healthy food with “no” responsibility of the host if it is a home. Should be very simple. We will encourage recipe demo and promotion from others (any page). We will publish recipes on the OG web.
- Fee to attend – OG should be used as the sole publication and OG will promote marketing.
- OG Consideration – OG will be used as a hosting infrastructure and should be compensated for new developments, and sustainable maintenance.
- Target first event – Consider first event month to be October.
Odishagateway.org Reference Links